Fall: hands-down my all-time favorite season.
What’s so great about fall in Seattle?
Here is my personal list of five local fall favorites to kickoff your season.
5) Running. Is there anything better than running in the crisp fall air with leaves crunching beneath your feet? A few events I look forward to in the fall: The Seattle Marathon, The Poultry Predictor Race trail run in Redmond, and the Leavenworth Oktoberfest Marathon/Half-Marathon.
4) Craven’s Corn Maze. The Craven Farm is a must-visit fall activity. They have great pumpkins, and their Corn Maze (especially the night time maze) has been a staple in my fall traditions for ten years and counting.
3) Oktoberfest. Whether it’s making the well-worth-it drive up to the magical Bavarian town of Leavenworth, cashing in tokens at the Fremont Oktoberfest, or drinking a seasonal brew…I love celebrating Oktoberfest.
2) The Pumpkin Maple Cupcake at Cupcake Royale. I almost planned my wedding around this limited-edition seasonal favorite. The pumpkin puree is not from a can – it’s fresh and special ordered months in advance from Stahlbush Island Farms in Oregon. AND topped with maple frosting? Yum! When this cupcake is available, I start to put on my “winter weight.” Yes, it’s that good.
1) Football! Winter, spring, summer, FOOTBALL. It’s football season! The most integral part of my fall is football. Tailgating and attending games at Husky Stadium, and cheering on the Hawks on Sundays. What else do people in Seattle do on the weekends? #GoDawgs #GoHawks
What’s on your top five list?