This is a guest blog post from our friends at Salty Waffle Social Media Class.
If you’ve been trying to get around to implementing a Facebook strategy for your business, but never got around to it, these facts might help push you over the edge. Dive in! These facts show how important Facebook and a good social media strategy are, as well as a look at just how valuable a fan is in real dollars.
Facebook Facts For Businesses To Consider:
- There are over 200,000,000 Blogs
- Because of the speed in which social media enables communication, word of mouth now becomes world of mouth
- 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content
- 34% of bloggers post opinions about products & brands. Do you like what they are saying about your brand? You better.
- People care more about how their social graph ranks products and services than how Google ranks them
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations
- Only 14% trust advertisements
- 60 millions status updates happen on Facebook daily
- We no longer search for the news, the news finds us.
- We will no longer search for products and services, they will find us via social media
- Social Media isn’t a fad, it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate
- The ROI of social media is that your business will still exist in 5 years
(Courtesy of socialnomics)
I’m still not convinced, can Facebook really help my business? As in, make me more money?
Study, courtesy of Chompon.com, click for more.