5 Fitness Apps to Keep You Moving
This is a guest post from our friends at Salty Waffle.
These 5 mobile apps will turn you into a fitness freak. There are apps here for all kinds of exercise so give them a try and let us know if you see some results!
- DailyBurn App: The DailyBurn takes their social networking approach to fitness mobile. Login to your profile and track workouts as you do them and record your nutrition information on the go. DailyBurn is excellent at keeping you working toward your goals and providing a convenient way to log your workouts and nutritional information.
- Lose It: The go-to app for tracking calories and accomplishing nutrition goals. The interface is simple and quick so keeping to your diet doesn’t become a time-consuming ordeal. For now, iPhone only, but there are some similar Android alternatives in the Market.
- My Tracks: This one is Android only for the time being but offers a unique approach to staying healthy. Using the GPS on your phone, the app allows you to track any movement whether it be hiking, biking, walking, running, or whatever and then upload that information to a spreadsheet, for other users to see, or even visualize in Google Maps. While on the move you can get live statistics on your workout like speed, distance, time, and even elevation.
- GymGoal: This is a great app for tracking workouts as well as body fitness goals like BMI, weight, body fat, BMR and others. It has built in exercises to easily pick from and shows a workout history that highlights areas you have been neglecting based on that history.
- RunKeeper: Available on Android and iPhone, this app focuses on runners by offering a way to easily track runs. It provides vital information like distance, speed, mile splits, pace, and also allows you to visualize your runs on a map. For those with the old iPhone this has the extra benefit that it allows you to listen to your music while running the app at the same time. If you are a runner this and My Tracks are for you.