This position focuses on ensuring the day-to-day operations of the company runs smoothly and efficiently. The operations manager owns the Standard Operating Procedures for the company and trains the Front Desk Staff on the best practices. The Operations Manager will manage the Seattle Region with a team of Front Desk Associates and Coordinators. This position will report to the General Manager and manage teams in multiple locations in the Seattle area.
Goal crushing attitude. Appetite for learning. Gratitude. That’s what we’re about. Creating connections is at the core of what we do. We have always had an outstanding staff that is excellent at customer service and provides a great customer experience. Our new DNA is going to deliver on an incredible customer experience.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Generous and grateful personality; choosing to reach others over your own comfort.
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Ability to inspire and lead a team.
- Have a high level of understanding of how the business operates between cross-functional areas of operations, sales, and finance.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services (i.e. IT, finance, AR, AP) through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and clients.
- Oversee bookkeeping activities, invoicing, and prompt payment.
- Oversee team of Front Desk Associates and Front Desk Coordinators to ensure day-to-day operations runs smoothly.
- Ensure that Front Desk Staff is tracking customer service tickets and all tickets are closed out at the end of each day.
- Manages the Front Desk team’s work hour schedules and ensures we are staffed adequately.
- Develop all operational standards across facilities, security, and new building opening procedures.
- Handles and organizes asset management.
- Successfully manage relationships with building landlords and property managers as point of escalation for team.
- Manage vendor relationships for coffee, cleaning, security, VOIP phone service, office supplies, painting, and repairs.
- Ensure that Front Desk team is tracking their admin work in Admin Billable Spreadsheet.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE: (Experience and Mindset)
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach.
- Experience creating and optimizing processes.
- A willingness to be “in the trenches”.
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking.
- Track record of setting, reaching, exceeding goals.
- Ability to manage and coach others to reach their SMART goals.
- Measures customer satisfaction and employee happiness.
- Obsesses over the customer experience.
- New customer office space tours
- Existing customer experience
- Proven ability to work well with operations, sales, and marketing teams as well as different titles and levels of experience.
- Able to foster community through human connection and events.
- Interest and willingness to be a part of the Seattle Startup Community.
- Software: SaaS based CRM systems, Trello, Google Docs, SmartSheet, Slack, QuickBooks, Remote Desktop, Microsoft Excel.
- Four-year degree in Business Management, Hospitality Management, or similar certificate programs.
- Masters degree a plus.
- Past experience opening a new office location or office relocation.
- Minimum of five years of experience in personnel management including hiring, supervision, and benefits administration.