This position is responsible for building the sales pipeline and sales leads for our event and meeting room space on Lake Union. This position ensures that the guest experience with our company creates the best offsite meeting and event experience.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate 80 marketing qualified leads each month by using all forms of communication (Email, telephone, cold calls, mailings, attending events and conferences, etc.)
- Generate $30,000 in meeting room and event space bookings per month.
- Create networks within the community (e.g. hotel concierges, Chamber of Commerce, executive assistant groups, office manager groups) in order to promote the brand and build sales.
- Follow up to answer questions, address concerns, and secure commitments through signed contracts and required deposits from prospective parties.
- Meet with guests to tour the facilities and offer other services such as audio/visual, entertainment etc.
- Conduct a post-event NPS Survey with average of 9 out of 10 score to ensure we delivered on a magical experience and to inquire about repeat bookings.
- Coordinate all bookings with management to ensure maximum sales and profitability.
- Create monthly calendars with all contracted and pending events and communicate upcoming needs to our team.
- Create marketing plans and coordinate execution with management team.
- Track all sales to compare to prior year and budget.
- Forecast future sales and proactively seek new business in order to meet budget goals.
- Join specific business organizations and attend meetings to build strong relationships and connections.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Prior sales, customer service, and event experience required.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
- Prior experience using a Sales CRM tracking system.
- Prior leadership roles in trade organizations and networking groups.
- Must be able to read and comprehend a BEO, diagram, and any other documents associated with catering sales and events.
- Must be able to attend and or coordinate networking events on evenings in order to reach our monthly goals.
- A four-year degree and minimum of 4 years of experience in event space management.
- Required: Consistently demonstrates community involvement in Seattle, Redmond, Bellevue, Kirkland, area.
- Required: 2-3 years of experience in customer service; hospitality; tech accelerator; venture capital; or non-profit service work.
- Have attended startup events like a Startup Weekend, GeekWire events, and Seattle Startup Week.
- DOE: Base salary + commission
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 15 Days Paid Time Off + 15 Paid Holidays
Goal crushing attitude. Appetite for learning. Gratitude. That’s what we’re about. Creating connections is at the core of what we do. We have always had an outstanding staff that is excellent at customer service and it allows us to consistently deliver on an incredible customer experience. Thinkspace named Washington’s Top 100 Companies to Work For 2013. PSBJ 100 Fastest Growing Companies 2011 and 2012.
Include ALL of the items listed below. Failure to do so will remove you from consideration.
1. A cover letter on how specifically your experience and interests fit with the requirements above.
2. Salary requirements.
3. Send your resume: careers /at/ thinkspace /dot/ com.