You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge and experience in traditional marketing concepts and blend them with new digital communication channels to maximize the reach to our potential members.
thinkspace is a community of entrepreneurs, tech startups, and small businesses with a natural affinity for inspiration and passion. thinkspace provides private offices, shared coworking space, virtual offices, and meeting rooms in a Class A, LEED certified green building. Our team provides technology, marketing, and administrative support to keep you focused on your business. Inside our space are high-tech startups, iPhone developers, non-profits, CPA’s, attorneys, technology staffing, consultants, etc… it is an amazing group of members.
The intern will receive direct guidance from the CEO and Community Marketing Manager throughout the internship. The team has designed a content strategy and framework:
1) Work with the team to refine our Marketing Content Strategy centered around 1) Company stories; 2) Thought leadership in the areas of entrepreneurship, real estate, coworking, sustainability; and find the angle as it relates to our products and services 3) Functional areas/client facing: helping deeper engagement with partners and current customers.
2) Implement and execute the Content Strategy using all inexpensive and available channels and mediums.
The company’s primary channels include Twitter, Facebook, Blog, YouTube, Digg, and email newsletters. The core skills that you will gain will be in the area of community development, online marketing, social media marketing, SEO, and SEM. You will also manage the social media dashboard that we have implemented to measure the success of our efforts.
Creative Commons Project:
Share something that has a lot of value. Something that could be valued by a lot of people and but release it with a Creative Commons Attribution License.
- Have a strong desire to be a part of our company culture and shares the core values of the team.
- Interact with our members to align unselfish service of their needs, with our company objectives.
- Have an infectious personality.
- Focus on great results rather than process.
- Have a work history and proven track record of consistently exceeding targets and goals.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Google Apps (Docs, Sites, Calendar).
- Have used a CRM system such as ACT, Avidian Prophet, or SalesForce.com.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social channels (really, send the links to Twitter, Facebook Fan Pages, etc.,).
- Have written a blog, basic knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- Must be a junior or senior in college or in a masters program.
The position pays $10/hour and we will provide college credit with a three month commitment.
We’re looking for someone that recognizes the value of gaining valuable work experience and has an appetite for learning.
NOTE: RESUMES WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Please write a cover letter that will show us why you really want this position and why we should consider you.
2. Email: careers [at] thinkspace [dot] com.
If you’re still interested and are looking for further inspiration before applying for this job, read the following: